This year sees a slight change to the format of the Rugby Teacher Development Days from previous years, with the days being rebranded as Age Grade Rugby Development Days. This will allow our member schools and teachers a better opportunity to engage with club colleagues and broaden the learning opportunities on these sessions. It will also continue to bring the game closer as Age Grade Rugby is established as the mechanism for the mini and youth game.
Are you a teacher, coach or CSU/CB rep and want to attend one of the Age Grade Rugby Development Days?
Pre-register HERE to receive information about the dates, venues as they come up.
Want to host an Age Grade Rugby Development Day?
We are now looking for hosts for this year’s programme and as usual welcome applications from our schools, who have hosted so well in previous years. We are also looking for our club colleagues to get involved as well. We will be identifying the best venues to host based on the following criteria:
- Location and ability to be accessible to many people in relation to other venues.
- Size of venue and ability to host big numbers in a positive learning environment.
- Cost implications of using the venue.
There are benefits to hosting these events including:
- Opportunity to put your school or club name out as a host venue, increasing promotion opportunities at the same time.
- Your school or club name on the promotion of the courses including opportunities to do a feature on your school or club to go on the website and on a featured social media post.
- If you have charitable status, this can go towards your charitable aims, particularly supporting the local community and education-related charitable aims.
- The chance to feature your venue as an event location which could support future income generation opportunities.
If you wish to host an Age Grade Rugby Development Day please read the GUIDANCE and get in contact with your County Schools Union (you may find your County Schools Union email address HERE) and discuss the logistics and dates and they will submit the application on your behalf.
Programme and Theme for the Age Grade Rugby Development Days
The final programme will be released shortly but the focus of the days will be:
Looking at the pitch side management of the game, managing your players and teams and how to manage the different formats of the game. There will also be a session on the Principles of Scrummaging.
This section will look at the Young Match Officials programme and how to get involved and make it work for you. There will also be a practical section on the game from the referee’s perspective and getting a better understanding of what referees are looking at. We will also talk about routes into becoming a match official.
Safety in rugby continues to be an important area and here we will talk about the benefits of Activate and First Aid provision for schools and clubs. We will also address mental health and YRISP.
Dates of the Age Grade Rugby Development Days 2020:
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|