For each of the geographical RFU Constituent Bodies (CB) there is also a County Schools’ Union (CSU) with the responsibility to represent the interests of all schools and colleges located in its Constituent Body and encourage the further development of schools’ rugby and the recruitment of new members.
County Schools Union – we will:
• Effectively administer the game in member schools through maintenance of an accurate database; collection of affiliation fees; supporting tours process and managing the disciplinary process.
• Actively promote best practice and ensure the welfare of young players through implementation of the RFU safeguarding policy and RugbySafe.
• Develop two way communications with schools, CB, ERFSU and RFU staff using a variety of methods including twitter, web and email.
• Organise and support the organisation of appropriate playing activity and staff training – working with the CB and the Rugby Development Team to do so.
• Ensure CSU representation on CB Executive or Management Committees as appropriate and offer support on the Planning Funding and Reporting process.
• Hold regular meetings with the local Rugby Development Officer and invite them to CSU meetings.
• Support the identification, engagement and delivery of All Schools and work with the Rugby Development Officers (RDOs) to ensure the sustainability of the schools.
• Ensure representation at ERFSU meetings.
To contact your County Schools Union please click on the relevant county email link below: